By precisely measured irrigation, the tissue is moistened and the application point is protected from overheating. Smaller bleedings can be washed away by a switchable jet function via the irrigation coagulation forceps or BiTOM instruments.
The Jet irrigation system supports the surgeon in bipolar coagulation and bipolar cutting and offers additional safety to the patient.
Advantages of a liquid-assisted bipolar coagulation
- The irrigation liquid issues at the tip of the forceps and hence directly at the application point.
- No overheating at the application point - necrosis-free coagulation.
- Reduced tissue adherence.
- No perforation of vessels.
- Minimized cleaning of the gripping surfaces during operation.
- Shorter operation time.
- Longer life of the coagulation forceps.
Advantages of a liquid-assisted bipolar cutting
- Precise incisions with minimal traumatization.
- Little spread of coagulation.
- No tissue adherence and carbonisation.
- Low smoke level.
- Optimal view during cutting.
- No current flow outside the application point.
- No danger of burning since there is no possibility of stray currents.
- No interferences of video images and of the recording of pre-operative vital values.
- Longer life of electrodes.
The Jet Irrigation System can be used in combination with the following B. Braun Aesculap electrosurgery units:
- Bipolar Electrosurgery Unit GN 060
- Combi Electrosurgery Unit (monopolar - bipolar)
- Nelson deluxe Electrosurgery Unit (monopolar - bipolar)
- Bipolar microsurgery in additional disciplines, e.g. abdominal surgery